Institute of Banking Personnel Selection conducts the IBPS Clerk Exam to recruit candidates under clerk cadre for various nationalized banks across the country. There are 19 banks that’ll be participating in the IBPS Clerk recruitment drive like Syndicate Bank, Andhra Bank, Allahabad Bank, Vijaya Bank, Corporation Bank, Indian Bank, Oriental Bank of Commerce, Bank of Maharashtra, Punjab & Sind Bank, Dena Bank, Punjab National Bank, UCO Bank, Central Bank of India, etc.
The official notification of IBPS Clerk Recruitment is expected to be out in the month of August or September. The candidates who want to seize the occasion need to fill the application form for the same. The application is going to be entirely online. IBPS conducts a common written exam for shortlisting the deserving candidates. There are two stages included in the selection process i.e. Preliminary and Mains Examination. The Preliminary Exam is expected to be held in the month of December while the Mains Exam will take place in January 2021. The IBPS Clerk Admit Card for the preliminary and mains exam will be available for download a few weeks before the exam. It is mandatory to present the admit card at the time of the examination else the candidate will not be allowed to take the exam.
Eligibility Criteria for IBPS Clerk
The candidates must make sure that they fulfil the eligibility criteria for IBPS Clerk before applying for the same. The eligibility criteria are discussed below:
- Indian Citizen
- A subject of Nepal or Bhutan
- A Tibetan Refugee
For details, the candidates are advised to refer to the IBPS Clerk Notification.
Age Limit for
- Minimum Age: 20 years
- Maximum Age: 28 years
- There is age relaxation for SC, ST, PwD, OBC, Persons affected by 1984 Riots, Jammu & Kashmir domiciled during 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989, Ex-Servicemen, candidates.
Educational Qualification for IBPS Clerk
- Candidates must have a graduate degree in any discipline from an Institute/University recognized by the Government of India.
- Candidates should have a working knowledge of computer systems. Candidates should also have a Certificate/Degree in Computer Operations/ Diploma/ Language or should have studied Information Technology/ Computer as one of the subjects in High School/ College/ Institute.
IBPS Clerk Selection process/Exam Pattern
If you are going to apply for IBPS Clerk then you should be well aware of the syllabus before starting your preparation. The selection process is divided into three stages that are Numerical Ability, Reasoning, and English Language.
Stage-I: Preliminary Exam
The preliminary exam will be of 100 marks and the duration of the exam will be 60 minutes. The candidates who’ll clear the preliminary exam will get the chance to appear in the mains exam.
|Name of the Section||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
Stage-II: Mains Exam
The candidates who’ll score the cut-off marks for the preliminary exam will get to appear in the mains exam. The Mains Exam will have four sections:
- General English(40 marks,35 minutes)
- General/Financial Awareness(50 marks,35 minutes)
- Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude(50 marks,45 )
- Quantitative Aptitude(50 marks,45 minutes)
The total duration of the exam will be 160 minutes.
IBPS Clerk Syllabus
Numerical Ability Syllabus
The Numerical Ability Section will include questions from the following topics:
- Number Series
- Data Interpretation
- Ratio & Proportion
- Profit & Loss
- Time, Speed & Distance
- Time & Work
- Permutation & Combination / Probability
- Mixture Problems
- Number System
IBPS Clerk Reasoning Syllabus
The Reasoning Section will involve questions from the following topics;
- Arrangement & Pattern
- Mathematically Inequalities
- Directions & Distances
- Blood Relations
- Order & Ranking
- Circular Seating Arrangement
- Linear Seating Arrangement
- Double Line-Up
IBPS Clerk English Syllabus
- Reading Comprehension
- Grammar(Error Spotting, Phrase Replacement, Fill in the Blanks)
- Vocabulary (Cloze Test)
- Verbal Ability (Para Jumble)
IBPS Clerk Admit Card
The IBPS Clerk Hall Ticket will be available for download 10 days before the date of the examination. The admit cards/hall tickets will be published on the IBPS official website only. Candidates must present their admit cards at the time of the examination. Candidates can get the IBPS Clerk Admit Card by following these steps:
- Open the official website of IBPS, https://ibps.in/.
- Open the current vacancies tab and click on “Call Letter”.
- Enter your login credentials like Registration No./Roll Number & D.O.B./Password.
- Fill the captcha correctly before clicking on Submit.
- Your admit card will open up. Download the admit card.
We advise all the candidates to check for any errors in their admit cards. Contact the IBPS authority and get it rectified in case of any discrepancy.