It’s no news that things get confused whenever we think of buying anything. This stands true especially in case of appliances where a lot of hard-earned cash has to be invested.
When we talk particularly about washing machines, there are lots of types to choose from. From front-load to top load and from semi-automatic to fully-automatic washing machines.
Picking out the perfect one for you requires a good understanding of all the basic terminologies associated with it. Also, it requires a good peek through your own requirements and preferences.
Few other factors that one might consider before purchasing a washing machine would be:
- Loading Capacity – Depending upon the size of your family or the number of times you do laundry in a week.
- Loading Option – It depends on the spare foot space of your house and also on personal preferences.
- Functionality – What types of clothes are you going to throw in your machine? What corresponding functions do you need?
- Price – Of course, one of the most important factors would be the amount you are willing to spend on the machine and the options you get within the stipulated range.
Here we are to talk about Semi automatic washing machine in particular. They are basically entry-level machines and come under a god price range. Much less than the best automatic washing machines let’s learn more about them in detail.
About Best Semi-Automatic Washing Machine
These are the water-saving types and that can prove to be a great advantage in areas with water scarcity. As the name suggests, they are ‘semi’ automatic. This means that you need to move the wet clothes from the washing tub to the dryer in case of twin-tub machines.
There are basically two kinds of semi-automatic machines
- Single Tub
- Twin Tub
The ones with the single tub work basically as a fully automatic washing machine. They can handle both washing and spin-drying in the single tub. They come with an inner and an outer layer procured with holes to let the water drain out. They are more space-saving than their twin tub counterparts. Also, twin tub semi-automatics are more laborious. They require you to manually remove clothes from one tub to put in another.
Pros of Semi-Automatic Washing Machines
- Adaptation Power – Although its more of a babysitting washing machine, where you get an upper hand is how you can control the way it treats different fabrics. You can determine the length of the water cycle, the factors associated with the cycle, the water level, etc. Moreover, you can also add clothes as you go!
- Money Savers – A universal factor we all seem to be aware of. Semi-automatics cost much lower than the fully-automatic washing machines.
- Water Savers – As stated above, they require less water than a fully-automatic one. You can also choose to add water to the machine yourself and add the exact amount needed.
- Energy Savers – They can be started and stopped at any time in between the cycle. In power-cut prone areas, you can choose to stop it anytime in between and resume the functioning later on.
At the end of the day, choosing the Best washing machine for home is highly personal. The decision surrounds around a combination of factors like the convenience, water supply, size, and functionality preferred.
Going through the article above must have made you short-list the exact type of washing machine you want to buy. And since investing such an amount on an appliance is a big responsibility, you want to make sure you make a choice that lasts long. For that, you can refer to K2 Appliances before buying one. We have bluntly picked upon the best of models from top brands to help you choose nothing but the best. Note: K2 Appliances is also offering an additional 10% discount on all the appliances purchased via its Amazon product links. Think Appliance, think K2!