Netgear Genie is a very useful application, meant for Netgear WiFi router users. But sometimes, users may trigger various types of issues with this app. The Netgear error 1605 is one of the most common issues faced by Netgear Genie users. This error generally comes into view when users attempt to connect the mobile app with the desktop one.
In addition to this, many users also see this error while accessing Netgear router login page and controlling their router activities with the Genie application. If you are also experiencing the same issue and looking for how to rectify it, go through this article till the end. Here, you will learn different ways to fix Netgear error 1605 within a few minutes. Continue reading.
Fixed: Netgear Error 1605
- Reboot the Netgear Router
Most of the issue can be removed with a simple rebooting. Therefore, it is quite possible that it works on your router too. Here are the steps to follow:
- On your computer, open a web browser whichever you like.
- Head over to routerlogin.net web page.
- Now, you will be taken to the configuration setup page.
- A prompt will appear, asking you username and password.
- Fill in the details to proceed further.
- Next, find and click on the Advanced option.
- Click on the Reboot button.
- At last, the router will start up again. It may take a few minutes to complete.
Once your router gets rebooted, check whether the issue is resolved or not. If not, move to the next troubleshooting method.
2. Delete the Malicious Programs From Your Netgear Router
Another culprit for Netgear error 1605 is malicious programs on your Netgear router. To fix it, the best way is to factory reset your router. Consider the below-mentioned steps to get the job done:
- At first, check if the power light on your router is glowing.
- Now, press the reset button at the backside of your router.
- As soon as the light on your router becomes static, it indicates that the reset process has been completed.
Finally, restart your Netgear WiFi router and see if the issue is resolved now.
3. Update the Network Driver
Last but not least, try upgrading your network drivers by implementing the instructions below:
- Press the Windows key together with X key to launch the WinX menu.
- Next, open the Device Manager.
- A list of all the device drivers which are connected to your system will appear.
- From the list, find and click on the Network Adapter option.
- After that, click on the Update Driver option.
Once done, an online update process will get started on your computer. During this process, the update tool will attempt to find the latest network drivers for your system. When the tool determines the relevant drivers, it will automatically get downloaded and installed on your PC. This should solve your Netgear error 1605 now.
4. Update the Netgear Router Firmware
In the event that you are using an obsolete firmware on your Netgear router, there are high chances for you to experience this issue. The solution to overcome this problem is to update the Netgear router firmware Follow the guidelines underneath to get the job done:
- Launch an internet browser of your choice on a computer.
- After that, visit the router login page.
- Choose the Advanced section.
- Now, click on the Firmware Update > Check option.
- This will search for the firmware updates available for your router.
- If the update is available, click on the Yes button to continue.
Doing so will start the firmware upgrade process. This process can take some time to be completed. After the firmware update, the router will start once again.