It may surprise you but studies indicate that roof is one of the most neglected parts of a house. Ironic, isn’t it? Considering that a proper roof over your head is the very definition of shelter.
Regular maintenance keeps your roof at its best, and also eliminates mishaps like water leakage, dampness or structural defects. However, all of this can be easily avoided with two simple roof maintenance activities -Spraying and painting. This may shock you even more: Spraying and Painting are the only things that you need to keep your roof healthy and strong.
Depending on the scale of maintenance project you’re running on your roof, due to whatever reason i.e. vandalism, violent weather, erosion. You will need to consider other types of specialists from carpenters to roofers and satellite repair specialists if it’s a comprehensive project.
- Roofs accumulate a lot of dirt and grime. Spraying it with resilient chemicals ensures that your roof is precautionarily clean and ready for further inspection and maintenance. The most commonly used chemicals in spraying are fluoroalkanes. They are hydrophobic elements that keep dust and water away from your roof.
- Spraying your roof is an effective way to cover and insulate the surface area of your full roof. If you spray your roof regularly using mixtures of hydrophobic chemicals, then you would barely ever have problems involving unwanted intrusion and growth of algae, mosses or lichens in your roof area.
- If your roof has a dull, stained floor, then to spraying could be an effective solution! You would need to employ a basic Calcium carbonate spray to remove the dark stains and other organic growth that is destroying the look of your room.
- Painting your roof with bacteria resistant or moisture-resistant paint is a good measure to avoid organic growth on your roof. It also helps to avoid water damage and leaks, which in turn reduces your repair and maintenance costs.
- UV Protection Paint adds an extra level of protection to your roof and saves it from surface layer damage from the harmful UV rays of the sun. This is very important because the health of your roof is integral to the health of the people living under is, i.e, you and your family. This is a necessity for people living in areas of heavy heat and thus, heavy UV ray bombardment.
While these are some basic DIY preventive measures and home remedies, some roofs that have been ignored for a longer haul would need professional treatments. A consultation with any good roof maintenance company would help you figure out the right preventive measures and restoration procedure your particular case needs.
Thus, we recommend you seek help from well-trusted roof specialists to ensure the best treatment is given to your house. There are a lot many roof restoration specialists that are available with decades of experience dealing with roofs of all kinds and are dedicated to delivering high-quality results. Click here to know more about them and their services in order to get a well-developed roof for your house.
As we said earlier, the roof is one of the most important and without a doubt, the most vulnerable part of any building structure. The top is always unhidden from the harsh natural forces of sun, snow, wind, and rain. Roof spraying and painting will not only help you redo your roof’s appearance, but it also helps you in extending the lifespan of your roof and boosts insulation within your home.
Professional paint coats allow you to keep weathering forces away from the structure, while also increasing the value of your property. Hence, it should be obvious by now that spraying and painting your roof works on multiple levels to keep your roof healthy, clean and strong. We hope this article has been educational and pivotal in considering roof maintenance.