Experiential marketing consists of generating an attractive and comfortable environment when buying a product, trying to influence or persuade the customer through emotions at the time of purchase.
The concept of Experiential Retail or Experiential Marketing has its origin in the Schmitt’s works (1999 and 2003), particularly in his works “Experiential Marketing” and “Customer Experience Management (CEM)”, the theoretical framework of this novel is revolving about the concept of marketing. These works affirm the importance of paying attention not only to customer satisfaction and retention but also to the necessity of “involving” the consumer through the emotional bonding that is produced by the enjoyment of the experience generated by purchasing a specific product or service.
Every knowhow invites the client to experience different and delightful sensations from the products, goods, or services. “The important thing is to come up with innovating ideas that create emotions, imprint positive experiences on its watchers’ minds, and can connect the product with the people and impress them. A positive experience is worth a thousand words. ”Andrea Córdoba, Experiential Marketing”, was according to Coca-Cola.
The key idea revolves around what Schmitt calls “Customer Experience”, considered as a set of interactions between the customer and a product, a company, or some other part of the organization that originates an event or a pleasant reaction for the experimentee.
It is, therefore, a set of policies and strategies focused on the search for a new source of competitive advantage based on the emotional involvement of customers and the creation of experiences linked to the product or service. It is, in other words, the search by companies to emphasize the differentiation of their offers.
5 Considerations to take into account for Experiential Marketing:
- Study and analysis of customer experiences; to obtain as much information on the client’s perceptions in their interaction with the company as possible. All the factors that correlate to the client since arriving at the establishment until leaving.
- Set the strategic point and determine what kind of experience you want to be incurred by the client.
- Design and planning of experiences; plan the type of experiences to be generated by offering solutions to overcome the negative perceptions.
- Structuring the contact or meeting with customers; all these elements that are customer-related, and can determine the experience as well as the way of acting and behaving by the staff who deals with the customer.
- By stimulating people’s senses in a certain way: it is possible to produce feelings or emotions that influence their intellect and hence their experience.
The brand will be more solid as much as it fulfills the promise on which it is based, that’s to say, the more it acts as a compass element of all contact points.