WordPress is a dream platform for anyone looking to create a website for their business or trying to revamp an existing one and give it a facelift. But the question, how much does it cost to build a WordPress website, is often followed by another – what does WordPress bring to the table?
It already comes with a built-in gallery feature. However, it can often be limiting for users who crave a high-functioning, more attractive gallery. For them, WordPress has some of the best gallery plugins to choose from.
Often tagged as the best image plugin by WordPress maintenance services, Envira Gallery allows you to create SEO-optimized, mobile-friendly and performance-effective gallery in just a few clicks. It is known for being non-bloated, out of the box features and pre-built templates to customize your gallery. Its key features include:
- Standalone gallery options for images not related to your posts or pages
- Drag and drop builder for quick creation of visually appealing galleries
- Assured responsive and easy loading of images on all devices
- A variety of add-ons such as video uploading, social sharing, watermarking and WooCommerce – where you can sell your images via the online store
It is not the most lightweight gallery on WordPress. But it is certainly the one stuffed with most premium features one can think of. NextGen is the most-preferred plugin for professional photographers and top-notch e-commerce retailers whose business depends on the quality of images. True to its reputation, NextGen Gallery has over a million active installations on WordPress. Its main characteristics are:
- Allows metadata import from all your photos
- Facilitates grouping of galleries into as many albums as you want (with the premium version; with the free one, you get two album styles)
- Batch uploading of images
- Pro lightbox display
- Image commenting
Developed by MachoThemes, Modula is a user-favorite for its customization options. The standalone plugin offers top of the line lightbox galleries, custom grids, and responsive galleries, all done with only a few clicks or taps of fingers. It comes in one free version (Lite) and one premium (Pro). Modula’s key features will be:
- Bulk uploading with more than 20 images per gallery
- Allows videos with Modula Video extension
- Gives access to 12 built-in image hover effects
- Image loading animation options – vertical and horizontal rotation of images on each loading
- Half a dozen additional lightbox styles and effects with the Pro version.
Photo Gallery by WD
The best option for interactive media options, Photo Gallery by WD is much sought-after by professionals and web veterans. It allows uploading of both images and videos with a single gallery and has a bunch of other features that make it one of the top image plugins for WordPress. Its best qualities are:
- 10 different viewing options across the gallery, such as mosaic, masonry, slideshow, thumbnails, and more
- Image protection by text inclusion or watermark
- Mobile-friendly image loading
- Powerful lightbox options with 15 slideshow effects, filmstrip, image commenting and social sharing
- Easy-to-use, in-built widgets
Running a business in today’s digital world is all about having the most appealing website. And one of the features that every website should focus on without fail, is a good picture gallery. Images often speak more than texts, which is why it is of paramount importance for every website to not compromise with the quality of the website gallery. With the assistance of your WordPress development agency, make the most of the platform’s plethora of image plugin options for the best optimization of your business.