In the last decade, Ukraine has witnessed remarkable growth and development in the medical education sector. Medical aspirants who want to study abroad can make the sharp decision of taking admission to a top-ranking University in Ukraine.
Ukraine is one of the leading countries for medical education. Many Indian and international students are pursuing medical studies in Ukraine. MBBS in Ukraine is exceptionally economical. It’s a beautiful country and has a study environment that will boost you in your career.
Ukraine has many top medical universities recognized by the World Health Organization, Medical Council of India, and United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization.
Zaporizhzhia State Medical University, established in 1903 is one of the leading medical universities in Ukraine. The university offers programs like MBBS, MD, and various other therapeutic courses. It was first established in 1903 for Women Courses composed in Odessa, and after 91 years, in 1994 the university came to be known by the name it has now.
The world rank of this university is 4883, and the country rank is 48.
Faculties / Departments at Zaporizhzhia State Medical University
The different faculties offered by the university are listed below:
- Faculty of General Medicine
- Faculty of Paediatrics
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Pharmacy
Eligibility criteria to study MBBS at Zaporizhzhia State Medical University
Candidates need to fulfill the following eligibility criteria to get admission.
- Applicants should be over 17 and below 25 years old by the date of admission.
- Applicant should be a high-school graduate or should hold an equivalent degree in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as subjects.
- Must have secured at least 50% aggregate in all the above subjects in 10+2.
- Applicants who are from category SC/ST/OBC must have secured at least 45% in all the above subjects in 10+2.
- Must be a NEET Qualified.
Documents Required for the admission process
- Application form
- Passport-size photographs
- An original, valid passport
- Birth certificate
- 10th Marks sheet
- 12th Marks sheet
Duration of MBBS at Zaporizhzhia State Medical University
The total duration of MBBS at Zaporizhzhia State Medical University is 6 years where the first 5 years are focused on theoretical studies and the last one year on clinical practice/ internship. During the second and third years, students can take part in practical research as well.
MBBS Admission Process
The admission for MBBS undergraduate and postgraduate courses at the University starts from 1st July and runs till July 15th. However, it is important for the candidates to apply before July 30th every year as the visa process can take time (2-3 months). They will issue a Visa only after you receive the invitation letter from the university.
Accreditation and Recognition of degree
Zaporizhzhia State Medical University is approved by;
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- The United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE)
Advantages of studying MBBS at Zaporizhzhia State Medical University
Currently, the University is known as a progressive multidisciplinary institution for higher education in medicine. The university comprises 720 highly experienced teachers, including 122 professors, and 440 candidates of sciences. Zaporizhzhia State Medical University has over 40 years of experience in educating international students which brought the university a lot of international recognition. Graduates from this university are working in distinct parts of the world in reputed positions.
- The admission process is simple, students don’t have to write any entrance exams.
- No donations
- Living cost if affordable.
- They teach the entire MBBS course in the English language, and the quality of education is par with European standards.
- The fee structure is quite affordable for international students and especially for Indian students.
- It is one of the oldest and leading MBBS universities in Ukraine.
- The university offers students resources to conduct individual research.
- Other facilities like libraries, hospitals, sports centers, dormitories, and cafes are also provided.
- MBBS degrees are recognized worldwide.
Medicine is now the most sought profession among Indian students as well as international students. Foreign countries provide world-class infrastructure and high-quality medical education at affordable cost and the degrees are recognized worldwide. Aspirants who want to pursue MBBS in Russia, UK, the USA, Philippine, Bangladesh, or other countries can consult leading overseas education consultants who can support you from selecting the university till the admission process.
Good luck, aspirants…!