The best way to treat yourself is to book an appointment for your favorite Rochester salon and give your hair some TLC. Though regular trips to a salon for various hair treatments can work wonders for your hair, it’s only when you follow a regular hair care routine at home do the effects of your treatment last longer. Unlike popular belief there is no miracle product to cure all your hair woes. Regular hair care is the surest way to get healthy and strong hair.
How you brush your hair, the color treatments you use, how you nourish your hair and keep it healthy are ways to care for your hair. With so many treatments to choose from hair care today has become much easier. Below, we look at some tips for your hair care.
Tips for hair care
- Get regular hair trims: Damaged hair is prone to breakage and hair loss. Regularly trimming your hair reduces split ends and also promotes hair growth. If you’re planning on a haircut, look for a style that is easy to maintain. Click here to book an appointment for a haircut or trim. For example long hair with layers are easy to maintain while bangs and short hair may require more visits to the salon. Don’t overstyle your hair as too much heat can make it dry.
- Maintenance of color treated hair: Everyone loves freshly colored hair, From subtle colors that complement your complexion to highlights in fun colors. Color treated hair definitely looks gorgeous but is equally high maintenance. To nourish color treated hair, start with choosing color-care products. Choose a shampoo or conditioner that is alcohol free and has intense moisturising properties.
- Deep conditioning treatments: Deep conditioning treatments is one of the most popular ways to strengthen and heal color treated, damaged hair. Though DIY hair masks made of natural ingredients are good but it’s worth visiting your salon for long lasting and quality treatments. A salon will have treatment specific equipment and products that aren’t available over the counter. The stylists are able to evaluate your hair and suggest appropriate treatments that work to perfection, giving you long lasting nourished and shiny strands. Olaplex is a popular in-salon treatment that strengthens your hair inside out.
- Scalp treatment: Our scalp is a living organism with hair follicles and healthy hair is directly connected to a healthy scalp. An imbalance scalp leads to many hair problems like dandruff or dry, itchy scalp. Scalp treatments unclog hair follicles and increase blood flow for nourished, healthy hair.
- Healthy diet: Just like how a healthy diet can give you that glowing skin, eating clean is an essential step towards sustainable hair care as well. Iron rich foods stimulate hair growth and improve scalp health. Iron rich foods like leafy greens, nuts and meat help build keratin, the hair protein which strengthens the hair. Vitamins like Omega 3 complex and B-Complex vitamins reduce hair fall and nourish the scalp. Drinking eight to ten glasses of water also improves hair and scalp quality.
- Healthy hair habits: Washing your hair too often strips the scalp of natural oils leaving it dry and flaky. To maintain healthy hair, wash your hair two to three times a week. Choose a brush with soft bristles to reduce hair breakage. Harsh UV rays are harmful for your hair and can damage color treated hair. Always wear a hat or scarf when out in the sun or use products with UV protection.
- Safe hair styling: Though hair styling can make your hair look gorgeous, the after -effects often leaves your dry and brittle. To avoid this, use a heat protectant every time before blow drying your hair. It’s never a good idea to use a straightener or curling iron on wet hair as it can burn the hair and damage it. Always wait for your hair to first dry completely.
- Wash your hair correctly: While washing your hair ensure that you shampoo the scalp well. Shampooing the hair strands more thoroughly than the scalp can lead to brittle and dry strands. Washing your hair thoroughly is equally important to ensure all the product is rinsed out and there is no product build up.When applying conditioner, make sure you don’t apply it on your scalp but only to your strands. Conditioners on the scalp can weigh down hair leading to hair breakage and clogged follicles. While drying your hair, it’s best to gently squeeze the hair to remove excess water and leave it to dry naturally.
Visiting a salon for deep conditioning or scalp treatments will keep your mane nourished and healthy. A regular trim can improve your hair health while making your hair look neat. But along with professional hair care, you will also need to follow a regular hair care routine for keeping your hair in good health.