Diamond jewellery is not something that most of us buy on regular basis rather it is something that we deliberate upon before buying. We not only look for options at various stores but we also wear, touch, see and we do various kinds of testing and trying before finally getting a piece that we like. But what should be done when we shop for diamond jewellery online? Well, if that thought is boggling your mind, we are here to put your thoughts to rest. We shall be sharing some tips that you should keep in mind before buying diamond jewellery from an online store.
Here are some things that you should ponder upon while buying diamond earrings, rings, necklaces, and other such diamond accessories from an online store:
- Look for the 4Cs: The 4Cs constitutes an important parameter while buying diamonds. The 4Cs stands for cut, colour, clarity, and carat. When you are buying diamonds, especially from an online website make sure that you check these factors. A bigger diamond need not necessarily means good quality and a smaller one is not an indicator of bad quality either. These specifications such as 4Cs help in establishing the quality and size of the diamond.
- Opt for a trusted seller: Now, the question that may pop in your mind is how to know about an authentic or genuine seller, especially when the online market is flooded with so many of them. Well, the easiest way is to ask for references from family or friends who may have bought from a particular website. You can also check for the customer’s references or testimonials on various websites to know of the credibility and authenticity of the seller.
- Know about the return or exchange policy: What if you don’t like the diamond ring that you bought or the earrings didn’t suit your face type, should you be stuck with them for life? Well, to avoid such instances it is best to check the return or exchange policy, in case you don’t like your purchase.
- Opt for the try and buy option: Most online jewellery store have come up with the concept of try and buy, which means the delivery executive, will come to your home and you can try the jewellery before paying for it. This works well in cases when you are unsure whether a particular design or jewellery pattern will suit you or not.
- The bill and authenticity certification: Most gold, diamond, and other precious stone jewellery come with an authentication certificate. If the website does not have any clear information on the same you can call up the online store’s customer care and enquire it. Also, make sure you have the bill that mentions the specifications such as 4Cs of the diamond, the weight of the gold and other such things. These are not only important to let you know about the genuineness of the jewellery that you are buying but it also comes handy when you may resell the jewellery.
Keep these pointers in mind before you invest in buying any diamond jewellery online and be assured of the purchases you make.