Successful entrepreneurs are successful also because they are good at coping with their stress. People who are not too stressed out are more likely to make a career and realize themselves in other areas of life than their more sensitive brothers.
Stress is normal, sometimes it becomes exactly the impetus that makes a person begin to act for the benefit of himself. That’s just a state of chronic stress that can harm not only business but also health. Let’s try to figure out what causes stress and how to deal with it.
Sources of stressful situations
The cause of stress development may be one of the following situations or several of them together:
- The ambiguity or complete lack of adequate information about your activities as an entrepreneur and leader of your company.
- The tension arises from a conflict of personal relations and the professional sphere of activity.
- Over-striving for excellence and continuous improvement of product quality.
- Overload, taking on an excessive amount of responsibilities.
- The burden of decision-making and the well-being of our company and employees.
How stress affects performance
As shown by numerous studies by scientists, stressful situations directly affect labor efficiency. When people are in long emotional stress, they tend to transfer their problems to others. First of all, personal relationships suffer, and because of personal relationships, a breakdown in work begins. Therefore, it is extremely important to identify the symptoms of stress in the early stages and take the most energetic measures to correct the situation.
The first signs of fatigue accumulation are manifested in the physical well-being of the entrepreneur. First of all, this is a change in eating habits, followed by sleep disorders, a person drinks more often (any drinks – from coffee to alcohol), smokes more, digestion problems begin, muscle pinches and high blood pressure occur.
The next stage is a change in the emotional state. Pessimistic thoughts, depression, low self-esteem, frequent disappointments and complaints about fate, mood swings, and irritability appear, a previously unfamiliar feeling of loneliness appears.
Long-term stress affects the mental state of a person, but at the same time, a fairly long time passes from the beginning of its development to the manifestation of pronounced symptoms. If you do not identify the problem in time and start treating it, the culmination of such a condition can be confusion in thoughts, poor memory, a short concentration or a complete lack of ability to focus on business, loss of interest in life.
How to deal with stress
Entrepreneurs often neglect their health due to too busy business schedules. Meanwhile, regular exercise helps to reduce the impact of stress on the body. Exercise is an increase in physical endurance and regular oxygen saturation of the blood. And this means that a large amount of blood saturated with oxygen will come into the brain, and from here follows an improvement in working capacity and an increase in the quality of the mental activity. It becomes easier to assimilate new information, data processing speed increases, concentration and ability to solve the arisen work tasks faster.
Studying the causes of stressful situations
Scientists have proven that stress can be fought with a deep understanding of self and experience.
- Learn yourself. Knowing what you are afraid of and why you will be able to quickly develop methods to counter stressful situations.
- Change the point of view. Instead of writing to-do lists and then being horrified by their volumes, write lists of what you have already done. This will give you confidence in yourself.
- Learn to trust people. It is impossible to drag everything solely on yourself. Educate people around you who over time will be able to give absolutely any assignments. Start small, gradually delegating more and more responsibilities.
- Learn to say “no” to those things (and people) that do not contribute to the achievement of your goals.
- Establish a dialogue. Do not keep everything within yourself; seek help from friends, relatives, or mentors.
Relaxation and focus
Every entrepreneur at heart is a little perfectionist. However, the ideal is always unattainable, so instead of chasing the crane in the sky, focus on the tit: instead of constantly improving the product, improve the service.
Make plans for the business, yourself, and your employees. Understanding long-term goals, working through the steps to achieve them, and orderly actions usually bring calm and confidence.
Recently Edited on 16 October 2023