Recovering from a fire or water hazard is one of the most disheartening and terrifying struggles of a homeowner. Not only that the occupants suffer emotionally and physically, the house itself suffers severe damages from the water and smoke. We at Tidal Wave offer Water Damage Restoration services. We provided end to end process of smoke and water damage for commercial and residential sectors in major parts of Georgia, namely, Atlanta, Duluth, Woodstock, Smyrna, Johns Creek, and other surrounding areas.
Before understanding why it is important to invest in a Quality Smoke and Water Damage Restoration, let us have a glimpse of the types of damages water and smoke can cause at your property and what are to be considered while managing them.
- Clean water damage- it is caused by rainwater, overflowing sink, or broken pipes. The health risk is low in this kind of water damage if attended within 48 hours of the damage.
- Greywater damage- common sources of greywater are chemical discharges from detergent or laundry soap and other equipment discharge. Greywater promotes microbial growth and escalates as time passed. Greywater may cause mild to severe contamination risks.
- Blackwater damage- examples of black water are water containing urine, oil, grease, or water from sewers. This kind of water plays home to various types of bacteria, viruses, and other toxic elements. The chance of illness or infection is more than 90% if exposed to black water.
- Dry smoke- caused by high temperature, fast-burning fires fuelled by wood or paper. It is powdery in texture and does not smear while wiping out making it easier to manage.
- Protein residue- This is most common with a cooking mishap. This is caused by the evaporation of organic material in low heat. Its soot or streaking texture makes it difficult to spot with an untrained eye but leaves an intense unpleasant odor if left untreated.
- Wet smoke- It is caused by low heat smoldering fire from burning plastic or rubber. It is sticky and dense and covers the surfaces of the property. It is difficult to clean as it leaves a smear on the surface on which it is stuck.
Considerations while facing the water or smoke damage-
- Safety of occupants- remove yourself and your family away from the damage site to avoid exposure to contaminated water or smoke
- Move your belongings- relocate your belongings like furniture, wardrobe, etc to dry areas.
- Contain the damage- Locate the source of damage and try containing it. If it’s too severe, immediately call for the services of a Water Damage Restoration or Smoke Damage Restoration team to evaluate the extent of the damage and provide appropriate solutions.
Why invest in Tidal Wave Damage Restoration services-
Our team consists of highly trained and qualified personnel skilled at Smoke Damage Restoration Atlanta. We offer round the clock services to our clients making us one of the most sought after damage restoration companies in areas of Atlanta, Woodstock, Duluth, Smyrna, John’s creek, etc. Our team of experts will reach your place within 15-25 minutes of receiving your call. We will assess the damages to its complete extent with the use of our state of the art equipment and create customized damage control of your property. We will also liaise with your insurance company so you can get the right amount to your coverage for your loss. Our five-step restoration process involves-
- Inspection and Assessment
- Protection from further damage
- Water damage remediation
- Smoke and soot removal
- Restoration of your property