Have you recently clean the cupboard or are changing your lifestyle to a minimalist? There must be a ton of clothes you won’t need anymore.
Instead of throwing them in the trash, you can donate those clothes. However, if you feel that the clothes are good enough to be sold, then there are a few ways you can get money in exchange for your clothes.
After all, having some cash in your pocket is never bad and you can use it for other important things.
- you don’t want to go through the hassle of selling your clothes on an online website and responding to people interested in buying. This website offers you the easiest solution you can buy the sell the clothes in an instant. The cash will be offered to you on the spot and they will even pick the clothes from your house.
2. Garage Sale
- The old-age method is always successful; you have to contact the right people and do advertisements for your sale. People will surely be interested. For inspiration, you can always watch the movie, Shopaholic. Rebecca sure did make a lot of money from the extra clothes she sold off in the garage sale.
3. Back to the brand
If you have some brand clothes, you can even sell them back to the same brand. For instance, you can give Adidas their clothes back, and in return, you will get rewards. By their Adidas Infinite Play, you can gee vouches on old clothes. Similarly, H&M offers you a voucher in return for old clothes you would give to them. You can use the voucher for your next shopping spree in their shop.
- This is a popular shop where buyers look to buy clothes. The best part about this site is that all transactions will be done through the website, which means no scams.
- The sign up is free, and the money from the account can be easily transferred to your bank account.
- This is one of the most popular sites for selling clothes. However, they do charge a small fee for their account.
- There are bulks of buyers of old/used clothes and a huge chance that your clothes will be sold. According to the feedback, their BIN (buy it Now) option is far better instead of auction.
- You can get 20 items a month listed for after which you would have to pay 10% of the total transaction which also includes postage.
- is also a great site if you are looking to sell your clothes online. The best part is that there are no listing and selling charges when you make sales. You can sell both gender clothes, designer clothes and also a wedding dress (which women only wear once).
- The website has a free membership, and the communication between buyer and seller happens through the site, which means you don’t have to give your info to anyone. Lastly, the searches are based on location, and the buyers have to collect the clothes and pay. That means another hassle is off your head as the seller.
Tips to get clothes
- If you want your old clothes to get sold, and like every seller, you have to do a few things to ensure the sale.
- Nobody likes dirty clothes so before you put your clothes in the sale. Get them dry cleaned or wash and iron them. Remember presentation matters.
- If you are putting the clothes on online websites, take clothes pictures in the sunlight or in a room that has ample lighting. Every buyer would like to see what they are buying.
- Best honest about the clothes regarding the colour, quality, size and also the material.
- Try to sell the clothes in the right season. Nobody would buy winter clothes in spring or summer or vice versa.
- Be competitive and realistic when outing price tags on your clothes. Nobody will buy overpriced used clothes or at the same price as you brought them.
- Research on how to get your clothes on the websites above for sell. Observe what others are selling and how you can learn a lot.
- Visibility matters a lot so you might want to do some posting on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest using the relevant hashtags.